Check the list below for some of the signs your brakes may need servicing:
- Squealing and/or grinding noises when you apply the brakes
- Your vehicle starts to judder when braking
- Grinding noises when the brakes are off
- Brakes start losing efficiency during heavy braking
- The brake pedal sits high amongst the pedals and offers excessive resistance when pressed
- You notice a strong burning smell whilst braking
- Your rear wheels start locking when braking
- Your Brake Warning light appears on your dashboard
All of these are definite signs that you need to have your brakes checked as soon as possible. They are one of the most significant, if not the most, important safety device on your car. Not only will you and your car be safer on the road, but you may also prevent more damage from occurring which could lead to much higher repair costs.
If your brakes show any signs of a possible fault, it is always safest to have them checked out here at Repair My Car. Call Repair My car on 0115 9784483 or send us a message using our Contact Form.